Greetings All! The Sycamore 2018 Arts and Craft Show is almost here! The Sycamore Band and Orchestra Boosters are very excited and are working hard to make our upcoming show the best ever! Please help advertise your participation in our show by directing customers to our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/events/243098099748712/.
We wanted to make you familiar with our Check-In; revised Loading and Unloading; and Lunch Order Procedures.
We feature a DRIVE-THROUGH CHECK-IN! You stay in your vehicle to check-in and will receive your packet which includes your booth number, stickers to mark your items and a variety of items to assist you during the show. After checking in, you will move immediately to the unloading zone. The process is outlined below; a map of the check-in and unloading zone is available online at the website location above. We will also have signs to assist you.
Vendors can check in and set up starting at 7pm (until 9 pm) on Friday and 7am on Saturday. We are constantly working to improve our show and its processes. Please take a minute to review the instructions which will help ensure a smooth process for all. Please refer to the Craft Show Unloading/Check-in and Loading Map that is at the bottom of this page.
FRIDAY NIGHT and SATURDAY CHECK-IN and UNLOADING
- Enter Sycamore High School off of Cornell Road at the EAST entrance (by the pond & fountain).
- Turn left at the fork before the parking area.
- Stop at the CHECK-IN Area. CHECK-IN WILL BE DONE WHILE YOU ARE IN YOUR CAR!
- Please place Booth # stickers received during check-in on your boxes/items. This way, in case you get separated from your items and the students, students will know where to take boxes/items, and you will be reunited at your booth. Once you arrive at your booth, keep your booth number placard to help us find you during move-out at the end of the show!
- Please note that students and parents cannot be responsible if something gets damaged. If you prefer to move your things by yourself, please let them know.
Saturday morning only As soon as your vehicle is unloaded, immediately move vehicle to the Northwest Parking Lot. This LEAVES ROOM FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS.
ALL VENDORS Saturday morning Please check your welcome packet for your Lunch Order Envelope. Mark any items you wish delivered to your booth, enclose the correct amount of money to purchase those items, and deliver the envelope to the Main Desk (Lower Commons near staircase) before 9 a.m. Saturday. Lunches will be delivered between 11 and 1. Raffle donations can be made Friday evening or Saturday morning before 9 am at the Raffle table off the Lower Commons.
PARKING INFORMATION: Northwest Parking Lot is for all Vendors.
Loading / Unloading Ramp Zone is for unloading, Customers, and loading only.
East Parking lot is for Customers ONLY all day Saturday until 4 pm.
SATURDAY AFTERNOON - END of SHOW LOADING & LEAVING Instructions
Please remember WE SPENT 4 HOURS OVER 2 DAYS BRINGING EVERYONE IN. AT 4PM SATURDAY EVERYONE WILL WANT TO LEAVE AT ONCE. We do not have the SPACE and/or volunteers to make this happen.
Our carts and volunteers are NOT available for unassisted loading.
Option 1—Use the upper level exit at the school offices (Map Entrance C). No Loading Zone Pass is required.
Option 2—NEW—You will need a Loading Zone Pass but will use the lower level ramp (Map Entrance A) to exit AFTER RECEIVING YOUR LOADING ZONE PASS.
Our volunteers and carts will move your items out to the Ramp or Dock Load Zones. (Our volunteers and carts do not use any other exits.)
To use the LOADING ZONE, ASSISTED or UNASSISTED, you must follow these instructions. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED INTO THE LOADING ZONE WITHOUT A LOADING ZONE PASS.
- Pack all your items first. Everything must be ready to be moved to the loading zone at the same time. If you are not packed when a volunteer comes to give you your loading zone pass, you will be placed at the END of our move-out list. ASSISTED ONLY: Place your Booth number placard in front of your items to help our volunteers with carts find you!
- After all items are packed, if your booth is on the lower level, come to the Main Desk by the stairs in the lower commons; if your booth is on the upper level, come to the volunteer by the Food Court doors. We will have 2 lines—one for ASSISTED LOADING and one for UNASSISTED LOADING. Please get in the appropriate line. (Upper level will have only one line with two lists.)
- A volunteer will put your booth number on the requested list (assisted or unassisted).
- ASSISTED ONLY: The volunteer will suggest a loading zone for you to use, based on your booth number. Please be sure to request the RAMP LOADING ZONE if you have a trailer. Cars without trailers using the ramp loading zone will be required to back up their vehicle to the curb. If you prefer minimal driving in reverse gear and do not have a trailer, please request the DOCK LOADING ZONE. (Some reverse gear is still required.)
- Return to your booth and wait your turn. A volunteer will bring you the appropriate Loading Zone Pass when your turn comes.
- UNASSISTED ONLY: Get your vehicle and drive to the Loading Zone Entrance (where you checked in, marked with a star on the map). YOU MUST SHOW YOUR ZOADING ZONE PASS TO ENTER THE LOADING ZONE. You will be directed to the north end of the Ramp Load Zone (Map location P1). After parking your vehicle, you may proceed to bring out your items and load. Load vehicle and exit loading zone at the north end of the ramp. Have a safe trip home!
- ASSISTED ONLY: Volunteers will arrive with carts and your LOADING ZONE PASS. Assist the loading of all your items onto the carts.
- Show your LOADING ZONE PASS to the cart volunteers to verify that you and they will go to the same loading zone. While the carts are moving to the loading zone, get your vehicle and drive to your assigned loading zone. You do NOT need to accompany the carts to the loading zone before getting your vehicle.
- You MUST SHOW your LOADING ZONE PASS to enter the loading zone. The entrance to the loading zone will be the same as when you checked in, but DOCK LOADING ZONE passes will be directed to the area at the south end of the bus ramp.
- Park where directed. Load vehicle and exit loading zone at the top (north) end of the ramp. Have a safe trip home!
Thank you very much for your cooperation and we wish a great show day to all!
SYCAMORE BAND AND ORCHESTRA BOOSTERS